Why should I choose your auto repair shop?
Why Choose Bender’s Auto Care for your auto repair and maintenance needs?
First, thank you for considering our auto repair shop for your needs. My staff and I greatly appreciate it. We look forward to providing you with the kind of service you really want from an auto repair shop. We have a great family of loyal customers that have come to depend on us.
Richard Bender came to California in 1962 with his family and started working for Bear Frame & Wheel as an alignment tech. Soon after, he started working at Russ Davis Ford, which is now Clippenger Ford. There, he did suspension, frame and alignment work and eventually established quite a reputation for his quality work and expertise on suspensions.
He also invented several components to repair some of the early suspension problems Ford had. In 1965 Ford Motor Company employed him to do all the suspension work on Ford sponsored Pro Stock Mustangs. In 1967 Richard was ask to teach at Citrus Community College and taught for 11 years. After about 4 years working for Ford, Richard decided it was time to start up his own business. In 1972 Benders Wheel Alignment began. Over 40 years later we are still here in the same location doing the same high quality work.
- 24 Month, 24,000 Mile Warranty. We believe so strongly in our work that we gladly give you a full 2 year or 24,000 mile (whichever comes first) warranty on repairs. While most shops only offer a few months, we go the extra miles and truly stand behind our work with this very long warranty.
- In Business Since 1972. We are a family owned and operated auto repair shop in the same location with the same owner for over 40 years.
- Very Qualified Technicians. We have three service technicians, all with extensive auto repair experience. We have ASE Certified and Master Technicians on staff. Our technical staff’s qualifications greatly exceed the skills of many other auto repair shops around.
- We are a full service auto repair shop. We can provide every auto repair and maintenance service from full engine replacements to routine oil change services and tires.
More information on the auto repair services we provide.
- Same Day service for most repairs and maintenance. We realize the importance of having transportation. So, we make every effort to get your car back to you as soon as possible. Our goal is always to get it back to you the same day. Obviously, there are some situations and repairs that require more than one day. In those cases, we help arrange a rental car at a discount.
- Complimentary Shuttle Service. Don’t worry about arranging a ride. Just bring your car to us for your appointment and we will give you a ride to your home or office and pick you up again when your car is ready. Discuss details with your advisor.
- Best Quality Parts and Fluids. While many shops cut every corner they can, to increase their profits, we don’t sacrifice your safety and peace of mind with inferior products. We know you are putting your trust in us. Rest assured, we always use the very best parts and fluids for your auto repairs and maintenance.
- Strong investment into equipment. Having the right equipment is extremely important. It allows us to complete the diagnosis and repair your car properly. Other shops that don’t use the right equipment often resort to just replacing parts until the problem is fixed. This results in unnecessary come-backs, and added expense to you when those unneeded parts cannot be returned to the vendors.
- We are nice people too. We speak to you in terms that you understand and thus preventing any miscommunications. You can feel free to ask as many questions as you like and rely on us for quality information about your car and the service at hand.
How can I expect to be treated by your staff?
As the shop owner, I have high standards on how our customers are treated and I make sure all of my employees do as well.
We don’t talk over your head to confuse you. We don’t talk down to you either. We are experienced but we know how to communicate the technicalities of our business in an understandable way.
We take the time to help you understand your choices with auto repair and maintenance. We help solve your problems and work hard to make the inconvenience of car repair easier for you.
Here is our code of ethics that guide how we treat each customer:
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer
- To recommend the services, repairs and maintenance to the car owners that are necessary to maintain the vehicle in safe working order and reliably.
- To use only products which are safe and which provide service, which equals or exceeds those recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer.
- To service and repair the vehicles in a timely manner and to maintain the customer informed of any and all changes including completion times.
- To give the best customer service possible and in the case of any disputes, to provide a prompt and amicable resolution.
- To insure that my entire staff conducts themselves in a professional manner and in keeping with the high standards of the automotive industry
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
TV’s Alan Mendelson Reports on Benders Automotive in Covina, CA
Alan Mendelson has a Best Buys TV show on KCOP Channel 13. Benders Automotive was proudly featured on the TV Show and the video below is directly from the TV Show. Learn more about us by watching this short movie about us.
In the TV show report below, Tom Bender talks about the services at Bender’s auto repair shop in Covina and how he can save customers money.
We have included the video on our site to view. You can also see it at YouTube at this link:
How do your prices compare to others?
Certainly, the price you pay is an important issue when choosing an auto repair facility. However it is only one of many issues to consider. In the end, the lowest price, may cost you the most.
Our comparisons have shown that Bender’s is not the cheapest and not the most expensive auto repair shop around. In the end, though, we are usually the best value around.
Here’s what we mean by value:
- We do it right the first time. We are truly passionate about auto repair and that pushes us to become top notch experts in auto repair. You will know when we perform the work for you that it is done right, done with the right parts or fluids and dependable.
- We are experienced diagnosticians. Experience in auto repair today is vitally important. It allows us to troubleshoot your car’s problem correctly quickly. While other shops are still just parts replacers who hope the part fixes the problem, we take the time to do it right. This saves you money because it is diagnosed correctly and you don’t have to come back because the parts were wrong for your car’s problems.
- We use the right parts and fluids. Just as with most products in the world, there are a variety of parts and fluids available for today’s vehicles. Some part manufacturers produce parts that are cheaper and are forced to cut as many corners as possible to make them that way. WE DON’T use cheap parts. We use the right quality parts for your vehicle that meet or exceed the original equipment used by the manufacturer. That doesn’t always mean the most expensive. It means our experience is used to scrutinize each company’s parts and fluids with the sole intention of making sure your vehicle is as dependable and safe as possible. We don’t cut corners here because it frequently costs you more money in the long run because of more trips to the shop, headaches, inconvenience and breakdowns. For example, our oil filters catch up to 45% more dirt than others, and our brakes stop up to 20 feet shorter than others.
- Serious investments into the right equipment. We are continually adding to our tool and equipment profile so we can get the job done faster and more expertly. The right equipment allows us to diagnose your troubles faster, and correctly the first time. It also allows us to do the work here with our staff. Many shops outsource some of their work because they don’t have the equipment to do it in-house.
- We give you a 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Warranty. This long of a warranty means we KNOW the job is done right using the right parts and fluids to repair your vehicle. While most companies only give you a token warranty of a few months, we truly believe in our service with this very long warranty.
- We focus on prevention! The best way to save money on auto repairs is to prevent them in the first place. That’s why our technicians have eagle-eyes for upcoming problems. We know you can save $1000’s just through proper prevention of problems. We don’t force it on you, but we do look for it and bring it to your attention when we feel it is important. We help you understand your choices and give you options.
Do you offer shuttle service?
Yes we do. In the interest of getting you in and out of the shop quickly and efficiently, our shuttle service is quick.
Just show up to the shop for your appointment, we get the paperwork done right away and give you a ride to home or the office. Then, once your car is done, we’ll pick you up and bring you to the shop. It’s that easy.
By the way, if you’re used to the shuttle service at the dealership, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by ours. We don’t pack you in a van that drives all over with other passengers. We are quick and usually one customer at a time is being shuttled.
How long have you been in business?
Bender’s is a family owned and operated auto repair company that started right here in Covina in 1972. We’ve been in business for over 40 years now. Tom Bender is the owner and auto repair and restoration is his passion.
Bender’s enjoys a long standing reputation of great work with for our customers. Our commitment to our customers is the reason we’ve been in business for over 40 years.
When you come in to our auto repair shop, you will see why we’ve been here and successful for so many years.
What kind of quality can I expect?
Auto Repair Quality Standards at Bender’s Auto Care
Auto repair and maintenance is our passion, quality is our creed. There are many levels of quality today in auto repair and maintenance. On one end of the spectrum is the shop that cuts as many corners as possible just to compete as the cheapest. They hire employees with low skill levels that just replace parts until the problem is fixed and don’t have the experience to properly repair your vehicle for maximum dependability and safety. They outsource many services because they can’t do it in-house. They use the cheapest parts and fluids for your car. This type of shop appears to be a lower price, but in the end, they are short-changing their customers. This is because of increased safety and dependability issues.
On the other end of the spectrum, you have our shop — we DON’T cut corners, and we’re not the most expensive.
- We use the best quality parts and fluids for your car. We are very choosey about the parts that go into your car. We want them to be as dependable and safe as possible. The oil filters we choose catch up to 45% more dirt than others. Our brake components help your car stop up to 20 feet shorter than other brands. We don’t cut corners because it doesn’t help your car’s safety and dependability.
- We hire the best technicians. You can be sure that a highly expert technician is servicing and looking over your car at Bender’s. Our technical staff includes ASE Certified and Master Technician that has the experience to do the job right the first time — expertly.
- We use the right equipment. We make sure our technical staff has all the right tools and equipment to get the job done right and as fast as possible. Our equipment allows us to diagnose your car’s difficulties correctly and quickly.
- We perform your services in-house. We have been building our company for over 40 years and have accumulated all the right equipment and resources that allow us to do the work here. This ensures that our quality standards are the quality standards you get. We even have our own machine shop in-house — very rare.
- We hire expert service advisors. Tom and Mike are both experts in auto repair. They understand what you need and what your car needs. This is the starting point for your car’s experience at our shop. We start it right so it gets done right.
- We stand behind our quality with a 2 year / 24,000 mile warranty. This says it all. This means we are so confident in our work that we can easily provide this long of a warranty. Most shops only warranty their work for a few months. We know our work is done right and this is how we say it.